Alice O’Connor is the Guidance Counsellor in Stepaside Educate Together Second level School in Dublin. She has started a community of practice for Guidance Counsellors working in Educate Together schools. Alice tells us a little more about the group below.
“A group of Educate Together second level Guidance Counsellors are coming together to form a Community of Practice with a view to supporting each other in their guidance work. It is hoped the group will be beneficial in a variety of ways, including;
- sharing resources;
- accessing training/CPD;
- collaborating on guidance events;
- managing guidance through blended learning;
- whole school guidance planning and policies;
- building community links with FE/HE/Solas/employers/community organisations;
- linking with national guidance networks;
- Senior Cycle planning;
- supporting students’ subject choice and subject planning;
- restorative practice.
We will also hopefully have a bit of fun, and more!”
For further details on getting involved or joining the group please contact Alice from Stepaside ETSS at email@example.com
A current strategic objective of the network is to “establish Educate Together as a leader of school communities of practice.”
If you would like to set up a Community of Practice for Educate Together second-level teachers in another area or subject, please contact Laura Dooley at the Educate Together national office: firstname.lastname@example.org