As of today the DES is allowing all schools (except those in the areas below) to proceed to fill their permanent vacancies through open recruitment provided the vacancy has been notified to the panel operator, the main panel remains clear, the supplementary panel is clear or all teachers remaining on the panel have refused offers from the BOM on the grounds of distance.
The DES is allowing all schools (other than those in the areas below) to fill all their fixed term vacancies in the normal way provided all fixed term vacancies have been notified to the relevant panel operator and the main panels remain clear.
The following schools are excluded from the above arrangements:
1. Individual schools that have been separately notified by the DES in relation to the filling of a vacancy through the redeployment of a surplus teacher and
2. Schools of all patronage (across all panels) within 45km radius of the following locations:
- Tralee and Dingle in Co. Kerry
- Skibbereen in Co. Cork
- Ennistymon in Co. Clare
- Sligo Town
- Ballyshannon in Co. Donegal
- Swinford, Rossport and Bangor Erris in Co. Mayo
- Loughrea and Letterfrack in Co. Galway.
It would now appear that the only Educate Together schools affected by the restrictions are Tralee ETNS, Ennis ETNS, Sligo School Project NS, Claregalway ETNS, Galway ETNS and Claregalway ETNS.
There are six teachers remaining on the Educate Together panel. Schools in all areas must obtain written refusals (email) from ALL six teachers on the grounds of distance before permission will be given to advertise.
A panel update was sent to all Chairpersons and Principals this evening (Friday).
To view the latest DES update on the panels, please visit their website to download the file