By Jennifer Buttner, School Support and Development Officer
Circular 0062/2021, effective from 9/2/2022, sets out the Appeal System for the appointment of permanent Principal and Deputy Principal in recognised Post Primary schools.
Key changes to existing recruitment processes are:
- In the notification of the outcome of the appointment process, the chairperson of the selection panel will supply each candidate interviewed with his/her marks under each criterion. At this time, candidates who were not interviewed should also be notified of the appeals process.
- For applicants/interviewees there are up to 6 grounds for appeal.
- Appeals must be lodged within 7 days after the notification of the appointment to candidates.
- Appointment process is postponed pending the outcome of appeal(s).
- Teacher/SNA Terms and Conditions Section of the Department of Education will provide the Chairperson/Secretary of the Board of Management with the Adjudicator’s name and email address within 2 working days.