‘Gender Matters: Educating for Equality?' is the theme of Educate Together’s third annual Ethical Education Conference which will take place in Malahide this Friday November 24th and Saturday 25th 2017.
The conference will create a space to discuss the wide-ranging issues related to Gender Equality. This will include references to sexuality, gender identity, migration and sport. With issues related to Gender Equality getting long overdue attention in the media and society more widely, it’s important that teachers and students are prepared to discuss and respond ethically to these issues.
The conference will begin with an fantastic panel of top athletes and sport experts to discuss gender inequality in sport:
- Sharon Hutchinson– former international hockey goalkeeper, www.sportswomen.ie founder
- Catherina McKiernan – one of the worlds best cross country runners, represented Ireland at many world championships
- Nora Stapleton – Women’s and Girls Rugby Development Manager with the IRFU and member of the Ireland XVs squad
- Rachel Ruddy – All-Star Camogie player, representing Dublin and Leinster
- Tony Sweeney – lecturer in PE & Digital Learning at Froebel Dept, Maynooth University
The panel will be facilitated by sports journalist and broadcaster, Ger Gilroy
The Keynote Address will be delivered by Dr Debbie Ging, Associate Professor of Media Studies in the School of Communications, DCU. She will address issues such as gender and social media, cyberbullying, eating disorders and the sexualisation of children.
A full conference programme can be downloaded here
LIMITED TICKETS AVAILABLE HERE