Educate Together runs EPV-approved online courses for primary teachers every summer. Each course is €99.
Ethical Education in Educate Together Schools
- July 1st – July 27th
- July 28th – August 23rd
This course looks at the practical applications of the Learn Together Ethical Education Curriculum in the classroom.
It examines the social and historical background to multi-denominational education, the development of the Learn Together curriculum and the four strands of the curriculum. It is packed with ideas and resources and highlights curriculum links at every turn. It was evaluated by inspectors from the Department of Education with the following findings:
- The course was very interesting and informative.
- Participants were provided with abundant examples of how The Learn Together Curriculum could link and integrate with the teaching of literacy, numeracy and other curricular areas.
- Commendable attention was given to engaging the participants in reflecting on their own practice…
- The quality of the participants’ submissions to online forums was very good.
- Participants were informed about a wide range of resources available to support the teaching of an Ethical Education programme
- Background and Introduction
- Moral and Spiritual
- Equality and Justice
- Belief Systems
- Ethics and the Environment
Facilitating Pupil Voices and Active Citizenship
July 22nd – August 16th
This course examines how schools can do so much more to facilitate pupil voices. Children are the most important stakeholders in the system, after all. They spend 8 years at primary level and should have meaningful input into the structures and environment which surround them.
Does your school have a culture of affirming the many facets of identity? Children cannot find their voice without feeling secure and validated.
Does it encourage the expression of opinion? Does it facilitate debate and reflection? Does it reach out to quieter voices?
Does it nurture a culture of empowerment and active citizenship?
- Facilitating Pupil Voices and Active Citizenship – An Introduction
- Environmental Awareness, Care and Sustainability
- Belief Systems
- Affirming Pupils’ Identities
- Emotional Well-being and Moral Development
For any further information or queries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org