Westport Educate Together National School, a new primary school in Westport Co. Mayo, is seeking a part-time secretary to work in a busy school office.
- Application Closing Date: Friday 9 August 2019
- Commencement Date: Thursday 29 August 2019
- Status of Post: Fixed-term
Hours are likely to be 17.5 hours weekly, from 8:30- 1:30 including a half an hour lunch break (final arrangement will be agreed with the successful candidate on the basis of meeting school needs as determined by the School Principal). Hours will be during the school term only (there will be 6 weeks closure during the school year as per school holidays).
The part-time Secretary will be paid €13.25 per hour. Flexibility may be required at other times to support school events/activities. The role of the school secretary is to contribute to the smooth running of the school through the provision of a professional office service and to act as a key support to the School Principal in managing the wide variety of administrative tasks associated with running a vibrant school.
Duties of the post are wide and varied but it is envisaged that a range of specific duties will be assigned to the successful applicant.
It is important that applicants are familiar with the Educate Together ethos, and the opportunities and challenges this presents in this role. This is a fixed-term contract for the duration of the school year.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 22nd August 2019.
The successful candidate will be committed and will demonstrate the following personal qualities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal with all members of the school community.
- Ability to work on own initiative but also to work as part of team.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities, to work under pressure and achieve deadlines
- Reliable & trustworthy and aware of the need to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the work
- Flexible and able to adapt easily to the needs of the school
- Open to learning new skills and taking on new challenges
- Proactive in identifying opportunities to improve systems and procedures to ensure the smooth running of the school office
- Positive outlook and willing to contribute to the overall development of the school environment
Skills & Experience
- Administrative skills & general office experience;
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, to include Word, Excel and Publisher & excellent typing skills;
- Experience operating in a busy reception/front office environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent organisational skills, ensuring good record keeping and adherence to school procedures and policies
- Knowledge of GDPR & Data Protection requirements;
- Familiarity with school systems i.e. Aladdin, POD and OLCS systems and with the management of school finances and on-line payment systems
The successful candidate will be required to undergo compulsory Garda Vetting and Child Safeguarding training.
- Letter of Application
- Referees (name, role, contact no.)
- CV (Unbound/Slide Binder)
Applications may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org